It’s not controversial to say organization is an unexciting task, even though it's necessary. This week we’ll cover organization tips to help inspire you into cleaning up!
A very important part of the bedroom is the closet, so we’ll start there.
- The easiest way to go through clothes is using the “have I worn this recently?” system. If you haven't worn a certain clothing item in the past six months, it's probably time for it go.
- Pick an organization plan. Once you've narrowed down your wardrobe, pick out how you wish to hang it up. Sort them out by the clothing type, then further break that down into sub-categories such as color or length. Make sure to keep them separated by areas.
- If you own a bigger closet, investing in cubbies or chests will go a long way. They can be used to order accessories or shoes, and take up less room. If your biggest obstacle is finding a place for your shoes, an overhanging rack to place on your closet door works wonders.
Next, is the actual bedroom area.
- If you're indecisive about what things need to be stored or thrown away, a good rule of thumb to go by is “do I use this daily?” If the answer is yes, make sure to make a space for the items on a bedside table or desk. If no, its best in the garbage or being put away!
- Utilize the room under your bed. Buying sliding drawers, shallow containers, or baskets will help with storage and keep it hidden. These will also come in handy if you have nowhere to put linens/bed clothing. Ottomans are another great choice because they can be fashionable, or used as extra seating space.
- If you have a lot of items that you want to display, a night table with drawers, or book shelves will be a great investment. Don't forget, shelves that are meant to be hung up on the walls are available to be purchased and will utilize extra wall space!
- Hampers are a must! Making sure you have adequate space for dirty clothes is a quick way to keep your floor clean and tidy.
Hopefully these tips help you in your endeavors to tidy up your life!